For the health and safety of all, these are the current hot springs requirements:
- Day use of the Springs is $10 per person for members of Friends of Feather River Hot Springs and $15 per person for nonmembers. This is for a two-hour soak.
- 24-hour advance (48-hour advance for weekends) is required to request a spot (if available) at the Springs: TEXT (do not call) 925-783-2913.
- Prior to booking, everyone must read and sign the waiver confirming no Covid symptoms and social distancing for 2 weeks prior to visit. Please download the waiver here, print and sign it, then email a photo or scan of your signed waiver to email@example.com.
- Due to Covid and social distancing, there's a limit of six people in the springs at one time.
- No drop-ins allowed.
For those who enjoy the beauty of our setting and the rejuvenating hot springs, we are now offering memberships to Friends of the Feather River Hot Springs! This is an opportunity to enjoy the springs any time of year.
The membership fee is $25 per adult. A 2-hour soak is $10 per adult; $10 for children 13 years of age and above; $5 for children under 13; free for children under 6. Children must be accompanied by a parent. No membership fee is required for children.
- Hours are 7am to 9pm year round.
- Day use of hot springs is by permission.
- You must text (925-783-2913) at least 24 hours before your expected arrival time to check availability and make a reservation. Rocki will try to get back to you ASAP. (Rocki's phone is not reliable and cannot get voicemail. Thank you.)
- If texting is not available, you may email Rocki (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make a reservation.
- No drop ins allowed.
- Fee for 2-hour soak is $10 per person for members. (See information about children above.)
- Maximum allowed 4 people at one time for two hours max.
Note: Membership price as well as non-member price will be going up starting Jan 1 2023.
Visit our Hot Springs page for additional information about the springs.
How to Join
- Download the waiver: Hot Springs Risk Acknowledgement and Disclaimer Waiver and Assumption of Risk
- Read and sign the waiver
- Write a check for $25, made out to Feather River Hot Springs
- Mail the signed waiver and your check to: Feather River Hot Springs, PO Box 44, Twain CA 95984
- You will receive a membership card with a password and instructions on how to reserve time in the hot springs.
Online Membership Payment Option
- Once you have mailed your signed waiver, you can choose to pay the $25 membership fee securely via PayPal by clicking the button below (rather than mailing a check with your waiver).
This beautiful property has been under the care of proprietor Rocki Eriksen for the past 20 years, and it is her vision to continue to transform it from the badly neglected and abused place it was prior to her ownership.
Some of the things in the works are more tubs, a changing room, showers, bathroom and possibly a sauna. It would also be great if the Old Tavern could be restored and revived — renovated as a microbrewery, fine destination dining or a roadside cafe.
All of this takes know how, commitment and, most importantly, funds. If interested in investing and you have experience in restaurant, hotel management, concert/festival production or organizing outdoor recreational events, please send a resume to Rockel Eriksen at email@example.com.
A Bit of History
The Northern Maidu, native inhabitants of Plumas and surrounding counties for more than 2000 years, occupied the Feather River region and its many tributaries. It's unknown whether they made use of these particular hot springs, however.
In recent history, the Springs were discovered around the same time that the road was built connecting Oroville to Reno, which was in about 1930. Small communities were built in the canyon to accommodate workers as well as travelers. The tiny trickle of hot water that came from the rocks was drilled deeper, cement tubs were installed and two free-flowing pools were developed. In the late 1930s, a small resort was built that consisted of a few tiny cabins where people could come and take the healing waters.
Member Payment for Reservations
Members with a reservation to use the hot springs will be given a password to pay securely via PayPal on this page: